At the end of 2020, we were informed that some of Dalian American International School and Dalian Huamei Academy Class of 2021 students received acceptance letters from top American and European universities under their Early Decision programs. Among them are basketball and soccer star players, students with 1560 SAT score, 110 TOEFL score, 3.989 GPA, young scientists and talented singers:
- Alex Li has been accepted to Emory University – to both Emory College of Arts and Sciences and Oxford College. He is one of outstanding 769 students who received news of their Early Decision admission to Emory University’s undergraduate Class of 2025 in December 2020. Emory University is a top-tier private research university of North America based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Diego Cong was accepted to Parsons School of Design at the New School – #1 in the U.S. ranking among design schools (QS World Rankings, 2020) and one the top three globally. It is located in the heart of Lower Manhattan in New York City.
- Evan Liang has been admitted to Johns Hopkins University – a reknown private university in Baltimore, Maryland. JHU’s undergraduate education is ranked 39 among U.S. universities by U.S. News & World Report for 2021. Johns Hopkins, founded in 1876, is America’s first research university and home to nine world-class academic divisions working together as one university.
- Joe Zhang has been admitted to the Liberal Studies Core at New York University, Class of 2025. New York University, founded in 1831, is ranked #30 among National Universities in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges. It is the largest independent research university in the US, and one of the most influential institutions of higher learning in the world.
- John Chen has been admitted to the College of Arts & Sciences (the largest school at Boston University) Class of 2025. Boston University (BU) is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts and one of the largest nonprofit universities in the United States. It is ranked #27 among Best U.S. Colleges by The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education.
- Kathy Qian has received an offer from the University of Edinburgh to study BSc (Hons) Mathematics in their institution. Located in the capital of Scotland, United Kingdom, the University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s finest and oldest universities. 19 Nobel laureates have been affiliated with the University of Edinburgh as alumni, faculty members or researchers.
- Lavy Wei has been admitted to the first-year class entering the College of Art and Science at Vanderbilt University for fall 2021. Vanderbilt University, a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee, is ranked #14 in National Universities (according to US News) and offers a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees.
- Tiffany Hu has been offered a place at two colleges – Parsons School of Design (The New School) in the Communication Design program, and the School of Visual Arts (SVA) New York City. She has also been selected as a recipient of the Silas H. Rhodes Scholarship at SVA. SVA NYC has been a leading institution in the education of artists, designers and other creative professionals for more than seventy years. Among its graduates are Academy-Award, Emmy-Award, and Grammy winners, MacArthur Fellows and Guggenheim Fellows.
- Vivian Ci has been admitted to the Boston University College of Arts and Sciences, ranked among the best colleges in the United States. The College of Arts & Sciences at Boston University offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in over 20 departments and 25 interdisciplinary programs.
Congratulations! We’re truly proud of our students who got these offers, and as the application season continues we look forward to more good news from our Class of 2021.